Thank you for your interest in professional nursing education. Please review the general information section, complete all items on the checklist, and submit the application.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED ONLINE NOV. 1 - NOV. 15 FOR FALL ADMISSION, OR APRIL 1 - APRIL 15 FOR SPRING ADMISSION.
Transcripts and transcript credit reports must be submitted before Jan. 1 for fall admission and July 15 for spring admission. Admission is competitive; an overall minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 is required to enroll in pre-nursing courses.
All prerequisite coursework for a fall admission into the Professional Program of Study in Nursing must be completed by the end of the preceding spring semester with the exception of the three pre-nursing courses (NURS 2012, NURS 2022, NURS 2032), which may be taken in the summer session prior to entering the program of study in the fall.
All coursework for spring admission must be completed by the end of the preceding fall semester prior to entering the Professional Program of Study in Nursing (BSN Admission Policy). Students who are conditionally accepted into the nursing program must maintain a GPA that is at or above the cut-off GPA within the accepted cohort.
- Apply for admission to the University of Arkansas. The address is Silas Hunt Hall, Fayetteville, AR 72701, or you may apply online for University admission.
- Review pre-nursing courses with your advisor.
- Review degree audit with your advisor.
- Apply for admission to the Eleanor Mann School of Nursing by visiting the Forms page. Applications are submitted electronically only. No paper applications will be accepted.
- Request placement in 2000 level pre-nursing courses (N2012, N2022 & N2032). Placement
in these courses will be based on the following criteria:
- Has the student submitted an application for nursing school?
- Has the student completed or enrolled in all required program pre-requisite courses?
- Has the student met the minimum overall GPA requirement of 3.00?
- For Spring Semester EMSON admissions, you must notify your advisor if you have taken coursework during the early summer intercession and/or regular summer session after the application deadline (April 1 – April 15). The transcript has to be in the Registrar's Office by Aug. 15. No late summer intercession can be applied to the upcoming spring applicants.
For Fall Semester EMSON admissions, you must notify your advisor if you are taking a winter intercession course after the application deadline (Nov. 1 – Nov. 15). All transcripts have to be in by Jan. 15.
- Request that official transcripts from each higher education institution you attended be sent to the University of Arkansas, Office of the Registrar, Silas Hunt Hall, Fayetteville, AR 72701.
- If transferring from another nursing program, you must complete the above listed admission requirements. In addition, you must provide the Eleanor Mann School of Nursing with a letter from the nursing program that you are eligible to return to that program and are in good standing and syllabi from all nursing courses that you have completed.
If you have questions concerning the process, please call the Eleanor Mann School of Nursing at 479-575-3904.